Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Illness.

Last week I missed my cousin, Travis and his wife, Stacey and their child, Kailey so I decided to accept the invitation they extended to have a lovely cookout of burgers at their house. I went over knowing that K wasn't feeling very good - she had some sort of cold bug - but I was convinced I would be able to avoid her enough to not get ill. Boy, was I wrong. On Sunday my voice was scratchy and today, I am in full on sniffle-can't-breath-headache mode. I love K but right now I cannot recall why. Is that so horrible?

On a happier note, THE IRISH ARE COMING TOMORROW! I cannot wait to see them. I've been blogging and babbling about this for weeks and now, finally, after months of waiting - they are going to be in Green Bay, my hometown, where I grew up. It will be so fun to show them around, I'll even bring them to Lambeau and not groan in pain.

The heat wave is still going strong. Today Jamie and I went to the driving range and the breeze helped but it was still very hot. I missed the back of my neck with the sunscreen lotion and now have a hideous red semi-circle in the shape of my tank top neck line. Awesome. And tonight I am sleeping in the living room in attempts to stay cooler - I'm a tad closer to the air conditioner in here. It's kind of like having a slumber party on my futon. (At least that's what I tell myself to make it feel more fun.)

Sweetest dreams, dear pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment