Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Caramel Apple Cookies = Awesome

The first full week of school is almost done and I can proudly say I only missed one class for a very practical reason. *Pats self on back* I'm doing good! I actually do not hate any of the classes I am in (yet!), and my professors all seem pretty cool. Two professors I've had before, three new ones, all nice so far; I'm not overly concerned. My last semester of school should go pretty smoothly. *Sigh of relief*

On the school note, I have applied to be an editor on the Sheepshead Review: Journal of the Arts on campus. They are the publication who chose my poem last year as their Rising Phoenix winner. I worked on the journal once before as a copy-editing assistant. I liked it then but I was so wrapped up in the newspaper on campus and other things that I let Sheepshead fall off my map. Now that I've freed up some time though, I am really hoping to be an editor for them. I love all the things they stand for and do for the campus. They publish nonfiction, fiction, poetry, and visual arts pieces from students on campus. It's pretty fantastic and I feel pretty lucky that UWGB actually has this kind of thing available for their students to be involved in. I sound like an infomercial for campus... And moving on.

Tomorrow is my first day back at work after a nice week off. Ick! I am not looking forward to it but I do need the money so... whatever. Subsequently it is my first weekend of Sundays OFF! No work and no school and no commitments of any kind. YAY!!!! It's going to be so lovely, I can't even describe it.

I think that's all I've got for now. Night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment