Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Second 1st Day

So today was my "second 1st day" of classes for the semester. I say this because I've already had two days of 1 class, and today was my first day for 2 classes. The way they start the semester is always so crazy. I will have met with my Nut Sci (haha nut sci) class three times before I even have 1 of my night class sessions. Bah. Whatever college crazies! Get it together! But I digress. Overall it was a good day. I had a Public Relations class which I'm assuming is going to be all about our group project at the end of the semester (or so it seemed) then went to Language and Society where I learned some semi-interesting things about the way people talk in elevators...

After those classes I attended the meeting of the Sheepshead Review class. Although I am not actually IN that class, I decided to be in the org for it. Sheepshead Review is this great campus arts journal that I was given a poetry award by this past spring. I've worked on it one semester before and kept meaning to get involved again. Since I am no longer working for the campus newspaper, now is the perfect time. I will have the time commitment to them and hopefully can wrangle an editor position to plump up my resume. Not to mention, I love all the people who put together the SHR journal. With all my comm classes this fall, I was sure I'd be missing my English major friends. But now! I'll see them in SHR. Yay!!!

Tomorrow I have one class for an hour and 20 min. then I have a dreaded 8-hour shift of work (bleh!). After that though, I get to pack for Door County!!! I cannot wait. It'll be so nice to be off the WHOLE weekend and get to relax with Jamie. Fall is by far my favorite time of year and I am very excited to get up by the water and just relax, read, wander. It'll be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment