Sunday, September 26, 2010

Real Simple, Poets & Writers, Sundays

Two new magazine romances: Real Simple for all my "adult" fashion and decor needs, and Poets and Writers for all my intrigue of MFA programs, fiction pieces, up and comers, etc. Both great. Both slightly expensive but totally worth it. Maybe I should look into subscriptions... I digress.

Today is my day off. I am eating it up. Monday - Thursday and Thursday - Saturday night I am either at school all day or at work all day, with little break to watch TV, read, eat... Sunday is the sanctuary for which I wait all week. Sitting on my futon couch looking out the front window to see the beautiful sun and leaves blowing in the fall breeze... perfection in Wisconsin. I love that the leaves are finally changing. It makes the world seem a bit magical.

Also having a day off leaves me free to catch up with old friends, good books, etc. Erica is going to be coming over for lunch soon and we're making some delicious taco salad. I am both thrilled for taco salad and thrilled for Erica. I haven't seen her in a very long time and we can chit chat about all her wedding plans. Less than a year away!

The down fall of Sundays: the next day is Monday, aka the day from college hell. I have class from 1245 until 9 pm with a 1 hour break. It's quite crazy but I can't say I hate it... yet. I'm sure I will towards the end of the semester. Tomorrow is especially going to be rough considering I have a group meeting at 1030 in the morning, then class all day with a 2nd group meeting after 5. At least night class is canceled to leave room for group work or I'd lose my mind. Oh wait... I probably already have...

No comments:

Post a Comment