Monday, September 13, 2010

The Real Door County Update

Now that I am home and hoping that my laptop doesn't pull the manuever that Jamie's did, I can update on our Door County trip. It was a lot of fun! The first day we got there, we spent the night walking around Ephraim and Fish Creek. We bought fudge and looked at tons of jewlery, clothes, mouthblown glass (including Berni, a glass fish Jamie loved), scoped out some coffee shops and what not. I ended up buying some really cool stuff - a hand-made hat, an awesome necklace with an octupus on it, and some huge sunglasses.



After shopping, we went back to the hotel and chilled for the rest of the evening. We had some dinner (i.e. turkey sandwiches and chips) then fell asleep. It was so relaxing just being away from home that I felt sleepy most of the time. The next day sadly we woke up to rain, cloudiness and fog, which didn't lift until late in the day. Regardless, we went out for breakfast where I had a fabulous omlette that was way over-priced, then took a nap at the hotel. In the afternoon, we drove all the way up the peninsula to see the lake. It would've been even more amazing if it hadn't been raining but was still pretty cool.


Saturday evening we went to this very lovely restaurant called Top Deck that overlooks Lake Michigan. The rain and fog had started to lift at this point so we could see further out on the water. Dinner was good then we went back to swim in the heated, lit pool - the only pool time we got but it was toasty warm in there so it worked out just fine. Another night of good sleep, and the next day we were on our way back to Green Bay for the Packer game. Now, if you know me, you know I don't like the Packers, however, I attempted to make the effort. I'm not sure if Jamie was happy about this or annoyed. I tend to ask some really dumb questions when it comes to football due to lack of understanding... I TRIED, OK!?

So that's that. Good night blog-world.

No comments:

Post a Comment